Saturday 17 March 2012

Changing Our Mindset

Change our mindset, don't be an elephant

While traveling in India, my friend came across these giant beasts, standing in the middle of a dusty plot of land that was probably once used as a football field. They were standing still, flapping their ears occasionally to keep cool in the warm afternoon. These huge elephants were seemingly held in place by a simple metal chain, wrapped around a thick metal post driven into the ground.

It was glaringly obvious that these elephants, which can weigh up to 11,000 kilograms and stand 4 metres tall, could easily break that flimsy chain if it wanted to. Yet for some amazing reason, these elephants did not. Unable to contain his curiosity, my friend went over to the trainer standing nearby, and asked him why his elephants made no attempt to escape.

"Well", he said, "when they are very young and much smaller we use the exact same chain to tie them, and at that age, it's more than enough to hold them there. They struggle at first, but soon come to realise that they cannot break away from the chain. As they grow up, they continue to believe that the chain can hold them, hence giving up on any future attempts to break free." My friend was amazed. These animals could break free from that chain any time they wanted to, but because of what they believed, they were stuck there.
 
Just like the elephants, how many of us go through life believing that we can't do something, simply because we've tried before and failed?

"I don't know how to play the guitar."

"I'm unable to profit from the stock market"

"I can't make money online from home."

These statements lock us into a "loser's mindset" that immediately stops us from discovering our potential. Like the elephants, we're chained to our past, still believing that we're unable to achieve new things.

I'm going to share with you the secret to break the chains that bind you. It's really short and simple.

The secret is "yet".

"I don't know how to play the guitar- yet. That's cos I don't have musical experience, and I don't have a trusted teacher to guide me. What can I do to get those things?"

"I'm unable to profit from the stock market- yet. I'll need to get a better understanding of the economy, and learn how to tell good companies from the bad ones. What can I do to get those things?"

"I can't make money online from home- yet. I don't know the best way to start earning money online, and I need to find trusted programs that have a good track record of paying. What can I do to get those things?"

I may not be a guitar expert, and neither am I skilled in reading the signals on the stock markets. Fortunately, I can help you on the last point: making money online from home. That's what this blog is for! Don't know how to start earning money online? Check our my introduction post. Don't know what programs have potential to pay out good money? Check out my various recommendations: iPanelonline SG, EmailCashPro, Gomez PEER Zone, and Neobux.

Spend the next hour or two to register and check out the various programs that I've reviewed on this site, and break free from the mindset that you can't earn money online from home.

Just take a look at this, this and this. Earning money online from home? I say it's possible!

Celyst

4 comments:

  1. Matthew Philips24 March 2012 at 16:42

    Very inspirational read, it can be applied to other areas of our lives too, not just earning money online! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story... just goes to show how we can achieve new things if we free ourselves from our old mindset! Makes me want to try once again to make an online income!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shared this story with my friends and they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you, I really loved this story too. It got me inspired to keep trying to crack the secrets of making money online.

    I'm almost 5 weeks into this journey and I'm beginning to see the light (and the profits!).

    ReplyDelete