Friday 3 February 2012

Start of my money making journey

How can I make money online?
How can I do it with little effort?

I often read about people talking about how they had made hundreds, even thousands, of dollars in a week while working from home. It sounded too good to be true, yet with so many people online posting about their experience, some of these stories had to be true.

"I made $1,407.29 a week, thanks to XXX"
"$10,321.29 in my Paypal account in one month by following YYY"

These were attention-grabbing headlines that I saw whenever I googled for terms such as "how to make money online", or "make money online guide", or "earn money online". I wanted to be part of this group!

But first, some background about me. I'm in my twenties and graduating from university this year, and will be entering the rat race like many of you. I've secured an average-paying job, but if you consider the $25,000 tuition fee that I have to repay for my university education, it's going to be at least 2-3 years before I'm out of debt and truly able to start saving money for myself.

With that in mind, I wanted to find a way to earn some extra money every month, so that I can enjoy the occasional restaurant treat or a night out with my friends. Who wouldn't want an extra $50/month with little effort?

So I searched for a way to make money online. Let me share with you the list of criteria that I set for myself:

1. Low effort
I didn't want to spend too much effort on trying to make money online. Once I start work, I'll probably be too tired at the end of the day, let alone spare a few hours to generate money online.

2. No initial investment
When you get a job, do you have to pay at the start? No! In the same way, I wanted to start off earning money online without putting in an initial investment. It was hard as most sites require an upfront payment before they let you in on the secret, but I'm very happy to say that I found a way to start with no initial investment.

3. Zero skill required
I didn't want something that required skill. Some sites teach you about affiliate marketing, but then you have to learn things like search engine optimization (SEO), targeting keywords, setting up websites, traffic generation, etc. Sure, I could learn all those, and I'm not stopping you, but as a personal aim I wanted it to be simple and easy, something that anybody could start doing right away.

In this site, I will share with you my personal thoughts as I go through this journey of discovery about the world of making money online. I'll be trying my best to detail every step that I took in order to slowly build up my online income, in the hopes that you can also join me in this journey.

Before we start, I want to clarify some things and manage expectations. Making money online is not my full time job. I don't aim to earn thousands through my online income. Rather, my online income is meant to be a supplement to my regular income, for the extra things like a night out at Clarke Quay, or a nice meal at one of the restaurants in Marina Bay Sands.

I don't want to discourage you. It's possible to live off your online income, if you put in sufficient effort. Work hard and one day you might find yourself earning more than enough online. The many testimonials from people all over the Internet is proof that this is possible.

If you're looking for better ways of earning money, I would recommend you to try out other things, such as affiliate marketing. But if you're looking for a way of making money that's low effort, zero skill, and with no initial investment, then join me now and keep reading!
Celyst

3 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best, I'm starting today after finding this blog from Google. Hope I reach your success in 4 weeks time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      All the best for your journey towards an online income! Don't give up and persevere and you'll see the results soon.

      Delete
  2. I am in same years old like you and also just graduated recently and is in the debt of education fees too. Haha. I was just started my journey a few weeks ago. Let's do our best together. =)

    ReplyDelete